This week I have been developing my fourth outfit. This is very similar to my third outfit which provided me the opportunity to prove that I had learnt from my previous mistake with the elastic waistband.
I was able to construct the toiles for this outfit rather quickly. The top was the same as outfit 3 but I planned on a different fabric and colour combination for the final outfit. The trousers were the same but I decided to change these up more from a design front as even the smallest details make a difference.
So I added pockets to the trousers and as I’d planned for the final outfit to be black and gold, I toiled the pockets with black satin against white satin to show the pockets off as a design feature. I also planned to extend the crochet panel down into the base of the trousers using gold sparkly yarn for the final garment as this would then shimmer through the black chiffon base in the light.
This part of my development allowed me to practice what I’d learnt from the previous week. taking on board the feedback and advice, adapting my pattern so that the waistband on my trousers would in fact be stretchy.
This worked well and during my critique for this outfit, I received positive feedback about the finish. And i have already started developing my design further in my head to improve other areas.
Next week I am going to continue my collection development and work on my fifth outfit.